What can you do on your end when purchasing an account to maximize safety
When you purchase an account there certain things that you have no control over. For example, if the account gets banned or recalled. On the other hand, you can mitigate these risks if you make sure you follow through with a few checks just after purchase. It depends on the publisher whether you can do these security checks yourself, however, the basics are always available.
Tips to maximize account safety
- Always make sure you change the e-mail and password
- You should change secret answers/passwords/pins
- Attach your phone number or enable two-factor authentication
- Check out the ticket history to check for suspicious signs
- Look through the IP addresses that accessed the account in the past
- If there are previous tickets, open them and try to extract as much information from them as you can, which might help you prove ownership in the future
- When you log into the game, check for anomalies which would make you believe there was previous RMT activity. These might include No currency whatsoever on the account or Deleted items. Etc…
- If the friend's list wasn’t deleted, ask them about the past of the account in a manner which would lead them to believe you are still the original owner. For example: Hey, did you see any suspicious activity on this account? Did anyone login in the last X days?
- If the in-game trade history is available, look for anomalies.
Doing all these steps might seem daunting at first, but it is always better to make sure just in case. Most of these tips heavily rely on the given game developer whether they have these features available in account management or in-game.
We pride ourselves that all our accounts are carefully vetted, however, it is possible that we missed something. If you encounter anything suspicious on an account that you bought on AccountRealm don’t hesitate to contact us. We will help you no matter what.